Sunday, July 16, 2017

Over the Top



Wearing: Romance Was Born dress as top, vintage skirt via Trendlistr and Dr Martens boots.

The clothes we choose to wear say something about us, and can sometimes be an act of rebellion. This rather bright and over the top outfit is an obvious knee jerk reaction to my work uniform and deep resentment towards beige and dark blue denim. Don't get me wrong, if beige and denim are your thing I mean no disrespect but they are so clearly not my thing. Having to wear them day in day out, and after returning to work full-time has made me all kinds of emotional. But there's something about putting on something so garish and colourful that gives me an extra boost of energy, desperately needed at a time where my lunch break can only last ten minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment