Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tata Naka Pre-Fall 2017


Featurin flared skirts, asymmetrical designs and balloon sleeves Tata Naka's Pre-Fall 2017 makes a bold statement whilst also breathing new life into 1980s fashion tropes. This season the designersGeorgian-born identical twins, Tamara and Natasha Surguladze have moved away from the painterly prints which have dominated previous seasons, opting for more muted tones and subtle polka dots. While I love print, polka dots have never been my thing- but this collection is forcing me to reassess my standpoint. The whimsical prints, as well as oversized sequins adorning grandma slippers seem somewhat clownish but I myself am more likely to wear pieces which are lighthearted and full of spirit. At times they show restraint, using flared skirts and the occasional ruffle be the talking point for the collection. Getting back to sequins though, if Christopher Kane's latest offering is anything to go by, the upcoming season will see many more big oversized sequins, and I for one couldn't be happier.  




1 comment:

  1. awww man, i love this. the sheer dress is the best thing i've seen!!!!! this collection is so good

    ReplyDelete