Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hannah Haluminous




As of late my inbox has been inundated with reminders to purchase tickets for the annual Melbourne Fashion Festival. Although I love the peace and quiet of the country, my job and heading out to visit my boyfriend on his property, at times I can’t help but feel I am missing out on opportunities in the city. Imagine the excitement of watching a graduate runway show, and seeing something as imaginative and creative as Hannah Haluminous’ graduate collection. The capsule serves as a constant reminder of the tried and true idiom: ‘less is less and more is more’. Her highly embellished garments in muted tones are three-dimensional miniature pieces of art, decadent but incredibly thematic in their own abstract way. I can’t wait to see what models will wear walking down the runway this season, but pillaging a rich archive of graduate collections and discovering emerging designers will satiate this blogger’s sudden hunger for new ideas and innovation.




No comments:

Post a Comment