Saturday, April 2, 2016

Stay positive



Wearing: Thrifted rainbow top, vintage Levi's denim shorts and Dr Martens boots.

Lately it feels like I've been stuck in an endless summer. I left the cool, much more comfortable temperatures of Melbourne for the blazing heat of the Australian outback. One of the pros to moving out of home is having enough free time to explore the town, including the school. I hope to utilise these bleacher in a much more effective way the next time I visit them (I was aiming for something like Petra Collins' work, or Tavi sporting a big beehive) but I haven't had a lot of time to take photographs lately. There is a lot of time spent in my own head, putting together outfits. I originally I wanted to wear a yellow pleated skirt to look more like a cheerleader, however, it is slightly too big on me and needs dry cleaning and a trip to the tailors. Wearing a rainbow top (surprise surprise, it's swimwear) with pink shorts was a look inspired by Heli Bells, one fifth of Confetti Crowd. I feel like this is the most magical yet practical outfit I can put together with the limited resources available to me at this point in time.


A late addition to my rock collection is my very first sedimentary rock, collected earlier this year. It's actually a conglomerate, with the lighter material referred to as clasts and the brown stuff in between is the matrix. Many of the people I worked with last year used sedimentary geology to make inferences on the ancient environment of their field area. I'm quite content for this little beauty to sit on my shelf and remind me of an afternoon in late January, spend strolling along the beach.

4 comments:

  1. Love the Doccies.
    Who complains of sun ? except people in a heatwave ahah. I am happy the sun is back in my country I want to wear more spring-like clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really thought about wearing rainbow coloured clothes, but this really inspires me to. I would have loved to see it paired with the skirt :) The top totally reminded me of Heli Bells haha. Her style is iconic

    www.creaturesoftweed.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This outfit is everything I have ever dreamed of hahahhaa. I loooooovvveeee that top!!!! I can't believe you found it in the swimwear, that means i need to start looking through that section at thrift stores!!!! Just such a cool outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore this outfit, it's so colourful and perfect for Summer! I don't think I could get away with that in the UK so I guess you're lucky! xx

    Rags Of Love - Alternative Fashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete