Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Observations









The following photographs were taken in Lorne at a charming cafe called The Bottle of Milk, during my final weeks in Melbourne and the town I now call home, Winton. It'll be a long time before I can enjoy an expensive burger, sitting in a cafe or restaurant by the beach. Whilst my younger self would have cringed at the very idea of relying on a phone to capture photographs, it is handy and the quality is not too bad either. It's a lot easier and quicker to use my phone, rather than carrying a bulky SLR or film camera everywhere. I still have yet to master creating a cohesive narrative, but for now I'm happy to have my memory jogged by such colourful snapshots. Documenting what I see around me through this medium has also highlighted what I'm most drawn to- bright colour, patterns and a human face. There are obvious parallels between my wardrobe, the designers who inspire me and the way I see the world around me.

2 comments:

  1. I know the idea of having to make pics with your phone! But sometimes they don't turn out bad and when I look at your pics above it really turned out very great! Bright colors and good quality!

    Sugarcandycandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! amazingp pics!

    Rakel ♥ www.alovelystyle.com

    ReplyDelete