Saturday, February 27, 2016

Off the beaten track





I wanted to share a few photos I snapped using my phone from a recent visit to the Grampians National Park. Apparently, camping without a sleeping bag even during Summer may result in you freezing to death. Aside from nearly being transformed into a human popsicle I had a great time! It was well worth the drive from Melbourne, we listened to the radio for hours on end and I watched the landscape gradually give way to open paddocks and fields as we drove to the west. What I enjoyed most was drinking beer and eatting cheese after swimming at the bottom of a waterfall in the glow of the warm afternoon sun. The following day we woke early, dismantled our campsite and walked along a track culminating in spectacular clifftop views. Before leaving we bought ice cream from a local store, and it's possibly the best ice cream I've had all year.

7 comments:

  1. This is Amazing! I just want to teleport myself there right now! Love the photos! ♥

    Happy Weekend!
    xoxo Suzy ( ˘ ³˘)♥
    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what is the most amazing thing: the landscape or that ice cream! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hiking pics are stunning!!! WOWOWO!!!
    And that icecream looks soo yummy!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ice cream though!! www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photographs are so beautiful, it sounds like you had an idyllic time! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding? You write about this adventure I'm dreaming of and making me the most jealous person on earth, how wonderful must it have been to swim under a waterfall after the roadtrip??!
    You lucky one :D

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this post, that ice cream looks amazing! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete