Sunday, August 23, 2015

Unicorn Hair Braiding

I had the pleasure of attending another class hosted by the School of Fabulousness, an initiative sparked by Melbourne's own mermaid, Lady Petrova! I've visited Petrova's boutique a lot this year and am always welcomed by the most delicious assortment of tea and cupcakes. The classes are no different, but for two hours a group of women learn new skills such as how to start a fashion business, draping for design or how to make your own flower crown! This time I attended the Unicorn Hair Braiding class taught by the lovely Theresa Winters of Braidance where we learned to braid each others hair. I finally was able to master the fishtail braid but also learned how to rope braid (as seen on Lady Petrova) and create "the waterfall". It was so much fun- and at the end we used hair chalk and glitter as well as fake flowers to achieve the desired dreamy unicorn affect. If you live in Melbourne and are interested in attending the next School of Fabulousness class, I recommend you check them out on instagram. If you're really passionate about hair or are a mad Game of Thrones fan and want to recreate Daenerys Targaryen's hairdos visit the Braidiance website.  

Wearing: Vintage dress and coat, Disneyland sweater, Asos Heeled sandals (available here), Asos faux fur scarf.

Attending the School of Fabulousness I also got to debut my newest purchases from Asos! This outfit is my own homage to the wonderful women of Advanced Style who have shown the world that to age gracefully does not mean fading into obscurity. The scarf was on sale and has now sold out, but the shoes are new and all sizes are available now. This vintage dress and coat are my go to outfit but I cannot wait for the weather to get a little warmer and to be able to go outside without wearing multiple layers and thermal tops. 

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I suck at braiding hair, but it's always been a goal of mine to finally be able to do some kind of braid. These pictures are so coo and inspirational:unicorn hair is my dream hair.

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can always learn! I think youtube tutorials can help, along with lots of practice :)

      Delete
  2. I'm for all of these- especially the one with the glitter in it!
    xx
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the glittery one was mine! Someone else did it for me (I miss my glittery braid tbh)

      Delete
  3. These pictures are all so pretty! Is that you with the glitter braid? It looks gorgeous! Your outfit makes me think of a sort of nouveau Jadis from the Narnia books, but the glitter brings in Glinda from the Wizard of Oz (but maybe everything just reminds me of witches in some way; other people might compare it to Jackie O.). Anyways, thank you for taking the time to blog about events like this. It's fun to read about - if I'm ever in Melbourne, I know where I'm going. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine! Yes, you should definitely check out Lady Petrova's store in Melbourne, even if there isn't a class on :D

      Delete
  4. OMMGGG!!! Obsesssed with your unicorn hair!! All of the pics are sooo perfect and dreamy! Love your pastel scarf too! Gorgeous!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG thank you so much girls <3 <3

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the beautiful photos and writeup, Adele -- so glad you enjoyed my class. It was a pleasure teaching everyone!
    -Theresa
    www.braidiance.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing idea! (:

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh these are such amazing hairstyles, I'd love to try some of them, especially the glitter version! <3
    xx

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fake flowers and glitter are so cheap too- you can get them from the dollar store!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful hair inspiration!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hair inspiration!

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete