Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Does this black match?

BEHOLD THE EMBODIMENT OF QUINN MORGENDORFFER THE ORACLE OF ALL WISDOM!!!

Wearing: Thrifted jeans and fuzzy cardigan, Deadly Ponies bag, Dr Martens boots, gifted bangle, Katzi stud ring, Alex Monroe daisy ring.

For the last several weeks I have been sorting through coal as large as boulders and finer than grains of sand. Consequently my clothes are often covered in a fine dirt at the end of the day and I consider myself lucky on days when it doesn't smudge my face. Wearing all black was the easiest way to combat but this still remain an air of mystery and elegance. However, this does not reflect my personal style and on these days I do not feel my most confident. Experimenting with texture allowed me to feel creative, but it's wearing my rings and bracelets that gave me my greatest satisfaction. Although it's slightly too big for my rather child-like wrists I loved the weight and gravitas of this ornate bangle and stacking my rings upon one another. Rather tentatively they matched the hardware of my handbag which really ties this outfit together.

20 comments:

  1. Black is the greatest non-colour! Always looks good. I love your daisy ring; it's beautiful.

    Aida

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the all blk and the added texture of the cardi is a nice touch
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might love all colour garments but there is a lot to be said for the art of an all black ensemble; you have done it so well! I love the textures and varying shades. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lally! That's so sweet coming from someone such as yourself who wears so much colour and does it so well <3

      Delete
  4. Such a stunning all black outfit! I'm lovin' it!

    ♥ Happy Tuesday! ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fall to an all black outfit as my default and also feel it doesn't reflect my style in a sense.. Love how you've accessorised it with the polish and jewellery, so pretty <3

    //teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not alone, and thanks for your kind words Georgia

      Delete
  6. I really love your outfit. The mix of different textures makes this look so much more interesting. Great styling!

    x
    www.bohomantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Daria quote completes the coolness xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the outfit! And you look rad with the eyeliner.

    Luana
    http://n0blelandmermaid.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Black is the ultimate colour! You pull it off well
    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so sweet of you, thank you <3

      Delete
  10. adore your eloquence in writing and outfit style!

    lovely post!
    check out my blog + follow back?

    xo,
    Jess | wildvagabondss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete