Monday, July 20, 2015

Wild Flower


Wearing: Meadham Kirchhoff X Topshop sweater, Cue skirt, Shrimps fur clutch and Lipstik jelly sandals.

Orange used to be my favourite colour as a child but it's not something that I really wear on a daily basis.
This problem is confounded by having to wear gross or grubby clothes when I am conducting lab work which is basically Monday- Friday at the moment. The real reason is that this skirt and sweater are just about the only orange things I have in my wardrobe. I'd like to change that, but first I have to have a huge wardrobe clean out (which is slowly happening you guys!). It's also been lots of fun to really look at everything in my wardrobe and challenge myself to wear pieces which don't get enough love. I've also been exploring make up a little bit more, but in very unconventional ways since I know next to nothing about how to cosmetics in general. While wearing body glitter as eye shadow proved to be slightly hazardous, the good thing about wearing highlighter on your face is that it comes off easily with water.

22 comments:

  1. the shrimps clutch is so cute :)

    http://emmaodonnell.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweater, I find it reminiscent of velma (ultimate cartoon style icon) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if only it was a turtleneck- the colour is spot on though :)

      Delete
  3. your style is amazing! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love changing up styles, especially in something like makeup, which I don't pay that much attention too generally. Also, orange is such a beautiful, bright color. And that furry clutch!

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same! thats what made it really fun and liberating though, plus all the bright and happy colours...

      Delete
  5. That clutch is so cute!
    I know hardly anything about make up either but the best thing is to keep playing with it :)

    Dana || fashion-dew.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfits are always so awe inspiring and I love the combinations you create! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Elizabeth that really means a lot <3

      Delete
  7. Love this, I don't think I own anything orange - this must change!

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes! something warm and summery or a nice big fluffy mohair sweater :)

      Delete
  8. Great look
    would you like to follow each other? I'll follow back after it.

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your skirt, super cute!!

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete