Thursday, July 30, 2015

Interstellar

Wearing: Josh Goot dress, Romance Was Born skirt and Lipstik jelly sandals.

First of all I apologise for the clutter in the background but I ran out of time this morning and decided to take these outfits photos at uni rather than at home. Also it was raining this morning and I had too much to do today to wait for the weather to cooperate! On the plus side you can see the archaic (pun intended) folders in the background jam packed with palaeontology papers! While it's not totally inspiring to see my messy office space it does remind me of when I first started reading fashion blogs, particularly The Fashion Void that is DC. This later morphed into Moohoop a Tumblr blog and in 2011 Brooke Kao stopped writing altogether. She was among the first wave of fashion bloggers who really pioneered blogging as a platform for self-expression and although her photos weren't polished, her guide of vintage and thrift stores within Washington propelled her to success. I guess today I just really wanted to be vulnerable and removed from the realm of commercial, air brushed photos and perfect hair.

12 comments:

  1. I have the exact same shoes except in glittery black. Also, today, I think you achieved your goal of being more natural, I guess.

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how unique you are with your clothes! Getting photos for outfits can be hard but I love yours! You look amazing. x x

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the kind words girls <3

      Delete
  3. Ugh you're the queen of prints what even
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. power clashing is definitely my steez

      Delete
  4. This look is alien in a beautiful way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. totally OK with being an alien babe

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Ati Lin! I've really enjoyed your Facebook updates, your work has improved by leaps and bounds over the last few months <3

      Delete
  6. I adore how you wear two completely different pieces and make it unique and come together as an outfit, you own it so boldly and confidently, you inspire me!. It's nice to have unpolished and raw photos, there is something so beautiful in that!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for your kind words, couldn't wipe the smile off my face when I read this!

      Delete