Friday, September 26, 2014

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY AND I'LL CRY IF I WANT TO











Wearing: Romance was Born top, Asos skirt, American Apparel socks and Dr Martens boots.

Today I am 21 years old and I feel like I've really changed a lot since last year. We all have a picture of what kind of person we want to be like when we grow up and I feel like I am closer to meeting that person- the ideal version of myself. I dyed my hair about a month ago because I felt a change within myself
and how I feel after spending three weeks in the desert and I wanted the outside to reflect that change on the inside. I have my good days and I have my bad days but I try not to get too anxious about it anymore and make more time to do the things I enjoy in between work. I've spent more time on my blog and within the last year the quality of my photos has improved, but there's still more work to be done. I'm still not expressing myself as clearly or in the way I think I am, but there's still more time. One thing that's become really clear to me over the last few months is that by many standards I am still a baby. I have grown so much- but there's still lots of growing I have left. The only question is, what will I grow into and what will the next year bring?

13 comments:

  1. I have been looking for some of that sparkly party stuff everywhere and am super jealous you got your hands on some. I love this outfit, the colours are so totally birthday-y colours, you know? Especially the shirt, which is so rad.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you- I got the silvery stuff at a party supply shop but they might have some at a $2 shop :)

      Delete
  2. happy bday! need that top and glitter curtain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! This is exactly what I´d wear on my birthday, your outfits are just perfect...<3
    xx

    http//:teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Adele!!! I hope you had an excellent day! Did you do anything exciting/special? The outfit is really cute - it reminds me of Sailor Moon for some reason (maybe the combination of colours and the star print?). I especially like the pairing of frilly socks and combat boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hung out with my mum and had lunch, just slummed in the city. I think the curly yellow bits are like Serena's hair a little bit? with her metball head hairstyle ^_^

      Delete
  5. happy bday :)) love this outfit! it´s so 70s; like a beatles album cover or smth

    dresses-and-travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes 70s beatles vibes is where it's at

      Delete
  6. Happy late birthday! I love your blog! And this outfit reminds me of Yellow Submarine's artwork. I have a similar skirt and I love the colour!
    xx Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you! definitely need to do a Yellow Submarine page in my journal <3

      Delete
  7. Happy be(late)d bday! Really love this look. The shirt reminds me of the anime Sailor Moon. I totally get the whole"feeling like you grown but still feeling like a baby" thing (could this possibly also be the name of my future autobio?) I'm wishing you more days of getting what you want achieved and more days of being happy and wearing cool outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you thank you thank you! This shirt reminds me of so many good things it's possibly my favourite top :)

      Delete