Saturday, July 26, 2014

my mind in little pieces

When I went away I became really fixated on the notion of personal development to the point where I was obsessing over the last five years of my life. I constantly questioned whether I had done all I could have to be the best possible version of myself. The answer to all of that soul-searching was a painful and resounding 'no'. There is, and always will be more work to be done. But I'm grateful for that because it means I have so much more to look forward to in my lifetime and that the sun has not set. I have new adventures, stories to acquire and opportunities to seize. Then I had a really great one-on-one conversation around the bonfire reaffirming the importance of these same ideas. So for the past three weeks I have been stewing over how to improve one's self and am happy to say that I have been watching a lot less television lately and deleted some of the annoying apps off my phone. I feel better for it but I am still brooding about all this stuff hence the very angry, middle-school girl vibes and moodboard.

1a- Tavi Gevinson via instagram, b. 2- Sonic Youth and Bruce Davidson. 3- Cherry Glazerr @ The Church on York May 2014 . 4a- New in Town by Rookie Mag, b- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. 6- Twin Peaks (1990) dir. David Lynch. 7a & b- The Craft (1996). 8. 9a- Sassy Mag, b- Ghost World (2001), c- Style Rookie. 10- POMS rotondo moodboard. 11a- unknown, b- Weetzie Bat. 12- Clash of the Girl Gangs. 13- unknown.
1c & 5- The Breakfast Club, then and now.

4 comments:

  1. I think everyone feels like that at points in their life. I certainly do. Also love the vibes from the collection of photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful moodboard! I hope you aren't too worried about personal development, I find that the most of the time it is unconscious or accidental. It's terrific to try super hard to improve yourself but worrying and creating self doubt can be harmful! Stay marvellous Adele!
    - Isabella
    http://isablahh.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately I am the kind of person who stresses over anything and everything- but thanks Isabella for your kind words and wisdom <3

      Delete
  3. Watching tv can be good sometimes, but only some tv. Watching Freaks and Geeks or Daria is very good. It is good to have nice colors and sounds filling the room while working on craft projects. It sucks when watching tv takes the place of doing other things though.

    Glitterous Clitoris

    ReplyDelete