Monday, June 30, 2014

This is so bad it's almost good











I watched 'But I'm a Cheerleader' about a month ago now and I am still kind of mad at the world for not being this perfect collection of coordinated pastel tones and aesthetically pleasing scenery. I know it's a contrived, fantasy-like representation of America and it is not meant to emulate "the real world", but knowing the levels of organisation that our bodies have from cells all the way up to the order of the ecological niche, I don't see why it's too much to ask. That is the bitter argument raging on in my brain between the idealistic teenager and the restrained, logical scientist. And while I hate to say, but the scientist in me is winning too. Only because I have been conditioned over a number of years to think this way and ignore things like aesthetic beauty and particularly as the semester drags on, my own outfits. 
 Anyway, this didn't make much sense, but I hope these thoughts go well with the aesthetic of this these journal entries.

Also I have an announcement to make. I know I only finished exams and assignments like a week ago now, but I am taking a planned hiatus for the next three weeks while I map rocks in regional New South Wales. That means that the etsy store will also be closed for the next three weeks, but I have a bunch of new vintage stuff to list. We won't have Internet access and limited phone reception so I will basically be doing lots of drawing for my journal and do some reading. You can follow me on instragram if you haven't already and I will be back blogging regularly in a few weeks. 

11 comments:

  1. this is so cool- your journal entries are always so amazingcoolnbeautiful. another really good song that kind of goes with the ~cute but alone vibe ~ is "brand new key" is melanie. all of what you said about the fight between aesthetic and logic is perfect!

    //kanyinsola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journal entries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your journal is rad !! and omg that sounds so cool, have a nice time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks that's sweet of you- and I did have an amazing time on my trip :)

      Delete
  4. love the journal as usual and yess but i'm a cheerleader is such a great and aesthetically perfect film x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uggh must see it again it's so good for inspo and vibes

      Delete
  5. Awesome awesome awesome all of it!


    _________________________

    http://femaleslickrick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal is perfect!
    http://where-is-frank.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg I am such a fan of your journal that really means a lot to me <3

      Delete
  7. Love these! That Drew Barrymore era is the best <3

    ReplyDelete