Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valley Girl




Wearing: American Apparel shirt, Cat amulet from ginettepomette, DIY skirt, pompom earrings from RosaleenRyan, Lipstick jelly sandals.

It made sense to wear
the DIY skirt I made complete with fluffy pom pom earrings as part of a Cher Horowitz inspired outfit. Unfortunately I have not found the perfect plaid mini skirt and matching jacket when thrift shopping but I remain ever vigilant. The skirt was originally a baby blanket I bought a year ago and I finally finished sewing onto a stretchy black skirt. I can't believe it took me over a year to finish doing this project (oh wait, yes I can because I am a super lazy person sometimes!). The earrings are made from marabou feather which cost $20 from etsy and are evidently cheaper and sturdier than the official POMS earrings which cost $80. I also love the baby pink colour which matches my skirt and best friends necklace I got in high school.

4 comments:

  1. Love the skirt and those pom pom earrings! Much love xx
    P for Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pom pom earrings are perfect
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ginettepommette necklace is so beatiful! I went to have a looksie on her etsy buy there are none left.

    ReplyDelete