Friday, February 28, 2014

Cool Change

For most of you it is Winter and you have been bombarded gale-force winds and cold weather. In stark contrast Summer has brought heat waves and some very sweaty, sleepless nights for me. And it sucks because I have lots of time on my hands and I would like to write in my diary or work on my journals but I leave sweaty finger prints everywhere! Anyway, I'm looking forward to ~the cool change~ and with it some more complicated, layered outfits but to survive inevitable hot weather I made this little mood board. Usually I made these to express a certain feeling I am going through or thought that has been on my mind for a while but this is just about inspiration. It was also largely inspired by movies made by Sofia Coppola and Courtney Love's personal life and stage presence.

1a-
Britney Spears for Rolling Stone March 1999, b, c- Style Rookie3. 4a- unknown, b- I wanna go home by Shannon and the Clams. 5- Drew Barrymore at 1995 VMAs and Courtney Love at the Batman & Robin premiere 1997. 6- Courtney Love's diary. 7a- Hirshhorn Museum, Suprasensorial: Experiments in Light, Color and Space by Jim Klaas, c- The Virgin Suicides production stills. 2 & 7b- Miss World by Hole.

1 comment: