Saturday, February 15, 2014

'Cause I feel like I'm walking on fire

Lately it's been so hot I can't even think straight other than an idealistic and very dreamy notion about Summer and long car trips and ice-cream that seems to melt the minute you touch it. The photos taken on the Rookie road trip two years ago have been a great source of inspiration, as well as the smell of sweat clingy to my shirt and the sound of our sickly air-conditioning trying to keep up with the heat. Even with the weather making everyone miserable, and the sun glare so strong it chars the newly mowed grass there's something magical to this time of year. Or, perhaps I actually do have heatstroke and need an ambulance called right away. Well whatever it is I wanted to create something summery, so you could practically feel the heat radiating out of your computer screen... wherever you are.

1a, c, d- unknown. 2- Daydream Nation by Petra Collins for Rookie Mag. 3. 4- unknown and Life Magazine via Style Rookie. 5a & b- Les Beehive - The Virgin Suicides production stills. 7a- Style Rookie, b- The Virgin Suicides (1999), c- moody witchy teenage Vlada by Venetia Scott. 8. 9a, b, d. 10- via internetkhole. 11c- Gilmore Girls (2000- 2007). 13b- Daria (1997- 2001), c- unknown. 14- The Virgin Suicides (1999).  
1b, 11b-
Rookie Summer of Love Part One. 6, 9c, 11a, 12, 13a- Rookie Summer of Love Part Two.

2 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful. Since I live in the Midwest summer happens to be very far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moodboard/inspiration posts always help me when I'm in a rut, and always serve as both aesthetic inspiration and something more! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete