Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Gridlock


Wearing: Romance was Born skirt, check shirt from my dad, Rubi Shoes platform wedges.

I have put off writing this post for so long that check/ grid patterns and monochrome have become largely irrelevant, but because I procrastinated until the end of the year I can revisit the trend that largely defined the runways of 2013 and *nostalgically reflect* on the year that was before we are flung into 2014. Although I never really had time to discuss this trend I really dug it- it reminded me of doing math problem sets as a small child in primary school before everything became complicated and I discovered calculus. I hope that one day i will be able to confront mathematics without twitching and vomiting. Never mind that- grids are structured, ordered, dependable and the clean lines seemed like a breath of fresh air. Unlike gingham which seems associated with picnics, more mature than spots or polka dots and not the result of any animal dying I'm sad to see grids go but a rolling stone gathers no moss, yadda yadda yadda, bring on 2014!


1- STUDIO BRITZ: UN USUAL. 2a- SUPERNOVAE via, b- PATTERNITY x CHINTI + PARKER | ETHICAL KNITWEAR REWORKED AW13. 3- unknown via. 4-Anna Pichler by Sabrina Bongiovanni for The Room SS’13. 5- Photo by Rosa Rendi.

4 comments:

  1. I love your skirt!! I love this trend as well :)

    http://perpetual-perplexities.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. All geometric shapes and lines are the best and will always be relevant, for me at least.. I really loved your skirt! Its colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally amazing, i just saw the Piece d'Anarchive Spring 2014 video and this pattern is so sick and rather simplistic but so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tip! I think I'll review that collection too :)

      Delete