Tuesday, November 19, 2013

dot.COMME at Alice Euphemia


dot.COMME has manifested in real life in collaboration with Melbourne store, Alice Euphemia to bring vintage other worldly pieces to Australia, offering the rare experience of trying on different items collected from archival collections. The pop up store will be open from November 16th until the end of the month.

These are some of the photographs I took and there were many more but most of them sucked and did not do justice to the extravagant textures of vintage Issey Miyake, COMME des GARÇONS goodness, architectural Yohji Yamamoto and Walter Van Beirendonck weirdness. I was most keen to try and get my hands on one of the sheer cage skirts as seen on the manikin displays but alas, they are not for sale which left me feeling a little heartbroken.
It was still a real joy to witness just how much effort dot.COMME had put into the installation and decorating the upstairs space with hot pink rails, fake newspaper clippings and posters from a bygone era.

As of late I have bought many of my recent purchases online, sacrificing the physical experience of shopping: touching, trying on and feeling clothes before settling on a purchase and I think this experience stressed to me the importance of all of those ideals. Although I didn't buy anything (poor uni student budget- remember?) I do want to pop in again to see if they steadily stagnant archival pieces and reveal more vintage goodness to the Melbourne masses. If you are in Melbourne or are planning a trip soon, I highly recommend visiting Alice Euphemia in Cathedral Lane and heading upstairs absorb the sights and smells of vintage clothing especially if you're a Japanese label fanatic. FYI they have free T2 tea as well and lollies!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh everything looks soo pretty!! Urghh it makes me so sad thinking that I can't afford anything from dot.comme :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed! but it's still so pretty to look at <3

      Delete