Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bland

Lately I've been feeling largely uninspired and unmotivated to do any work, hence why I have not updated my blog in such a long time. But this turned out to be a mixed blessing since it made me more open to nostalgia. Or I keep thinking that high school is the perfect schedule time to blog and I miss having that rather than lots of boring assignments to do about rocks. I have no more classes left for the semester and am now off to study for exams, the final hurdle before an endless stretch of summer at my fingertips. Summer means watching lots of television and educating myself about everything referenced on Rookie, going to the library, getting dressed properly in the mornings and gorging myself on glorious fiction books and going to my boyfriend's house to learn how to knit and steal his mamma's sewing machine. Rather than getting to experience school stuff first hand I'll precociously experience it through watching Freaks and Geeks, and Welcome to the Dollhouse and hopefully the Virgin Suicides. I also want to make a special shelf or table for shrines to make everyday and photograph and try to make all my aesthetic pleasures I enjoy through the Internet a reality in my own bedroom.

1a- Fran├žoise Hardy, b, c- unknown via; 2, 3, 7 - via Style Rookie, 4, 5- Freaks and Geeks, 6- Escape to Witch Mountain (1975), 8- Ginger and Rosa (2012), 9a- Bikini Kill, b- Kathleen Hanna, 10a- unknown, b- unknown, c- Rookie Mag. 11, 12- The Virgin Suicides (1999), 13- Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995); 14a- unknown via, b- The Virgin Suicides (1999), c- unknown.

6 comments:

  1. oh the colours!! i just want to like, jump around in autumn leaves when i see these pictures.
    good luck with your exams and HOORAY FREAKS AND GEEKS
    carlaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. your upcoming summer sounds glorious! i've watched the virgin suicides about a hundred times- it never gets old ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks when lack of inspiration hits you, i usually have to dive into books, movies or my own depression to create some art... Hope that gets sorted out for you soon.... And yes! Highschool is the best time ever

    ReplyDelete
  4. how amazing is that your boyfriend and you knit and sew together I only aim to have one so we can knit together, that's pure love , these pictures got me in a very nice vibe/mood <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish he would knit with me! mostly I just sit and drink tea at his grandma's house so I'm hoping I can form a cool sewing group/ his family will teach me things ^_^

      Delete
  5. I just came across your blog and I love it a lot. Your moodboards and references are amazing. In some ways they remind me of the old days of thestylerookie.

    ReplyDelete