Monday, August 12, 2013

Teenz
















I'm slowly losing my sense of creativity and doing things in a less interesting way, which includes less witty remarks, my outfits are becoming more practical rather than eccentric and my collages seem to be more of a chore than something fun and aesthetically pleasing. That's all okay though, because figuring things out is what being a teenager is all about and technically I'm still a teenager (for about another month). Lately I've just just been soaking in my own angsty vibes and familiarising myself with brooding in my room, reading Dorian Gray again, not doing my homework and dreaming of hair analogous to a My Little Pony figurine. So there's a lot of Grimes in here, as well as tributes to Enid and other pop culture references that entertain strange clothes and lots of blue and green. On the bright side, the Melbourne's Writer's Festival is like a week away now which means I hopefully get to meet my queen, Tavi Gevinson. Whether or not that will put me in a better or more teen-like mood, we have yet to see. Oh, and I bought a new camera. Canon EOS 60D you can not come any sooner.

1- unknown, 2- Grimes via, 3- Minna Gilligan, 4; 5, 6, 18- Style Rookie;
7- Sonic Youth's Murray Street (2002) photography by Stefano Giovannini, 8- unknown;
9, 16- Bobbly Rainbow Socks; 10, 11- unknown, 12- Andrew from Pull Teeth, 13- Ghost World (2001), 14, 15- unknown via, 17- Grimes via.

5 comments:

  1. Ah! You're going to MWF?! As am I Meeting Tavi would definitely be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's refreshing to see Rookie fans in Australia too!

      Delete
  2. Ahh hello, I just found this blog and I love it <3 Lots of artistic inspiration from the pictures you post and also, you're a really good writer. And I am insanely jealous of you I want to meet Tavi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your sweet comments
      I hope I get a picture with Tavi THAT WOULD MAKE MY LIFE <3

      Delete
  3. I seriously love all those photos, you have such an amazing taste in visuals! I'm so glad I came across your blog, I love it to bits! xxx

    ultraspectacular.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete