Friday, August 9, 2013

Sweet Things




Just as I anticipated, it has been a super busy week being back at uni and facing the demands of tedious deadlines, but I think many of you will be pleased to know I have still been dedicating myself (in spirit_ to cute things. Dressing cute has been more difficult; yesterday there was hail when I got home and I just want to live in my J.W. Anderson x Topshop bat sweater so... I think I'll wait for warmer weather or Tavi to come to town (yay it's happening this month!). Even though I've been trying to hunt for cute images and succeeding when scouting across other people's blogs, being creative with aesthetics in mind has been challenging- hence I didn't make collages for this particular post and my poor diary has steadily been collecting dust in the corner of my room.

For some reason I couldn't get my hands on pink/ orange and brown tinged images in the vein of superfluous and decadent deserts and cute fluffy things unless they were embedded in popular culture folklore or simply Japanese themed happy snaps. My wardrobe is similarly depleted in the above categories, but hopefully I can buy a new camera soon and show you my bedroom quite soon, which I worked on quite a lot and have decorated lately with pink velvet armchair, arty vase and pink dragon figurine. More on that soon.

1, 2, 4; 3, 5, 6, 9, 10- Rookie Mag.
7- Viktor Vauthier photographing Lazy Oaf, 8- Lula Magazine.
9- Tavi Gevinson and Cyndi Lauper for Uniqlo,
12- Stills from here, 13- via Style Rookie, 14, 16- unknown.
15- Oyster Beauty Daily J-Pop, 17- Edward Scissorhands (1990).

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I thought you might like to know that I'm organising a Rookie meet-up to coincide with Tavi's visit! There's a facebook event page for it here: https://www.facebook.com/events/563765947016391/?fref=ts

    It would be awesome if you could come, I really love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete