Saturday, August 31, 2013

Romance Was Born Archive Sale






More than 2 weeks ago now I blew a whole load of cash at the Romance Was Born archive sale held at Alice Euphemia. This is pretty uncharacteristic of me, but I knew it would be something I would regret if I didn't go. I suspect that the racks were continuously restocked over the 3 day period, so rather than going on the first day of their sale I really should have made the time to visit each day. I had always intended on writing about this momentous event in which I bought 3 pieces for less than $250 but I got sidetracked. I bought a swirly rainbow shirt, a silken purple and pink skirt as well as a cotton shirt.

Even though I was captivated with how lovely each piece was and enthralled I could squeeze into a size eight, uni has kept me rather busy as well as work. Last weekend when I got to meet Tavi Gevinson and a whole bunch of other rad girls, I was reminded of how lovely each piece was when I saw a girl wearing a Lil Lord Fauntleroy dress and Minna Gilligan, a speaker at Rookie Day wore her new skirt from the same collection. You'll see my new pieces in a slow trickle of outfit posts, but in the meantime I thought Instagram was the best choice to showcase the evolution of one of Australia's most exciting brands and the evolution from 2005 to the present.

1 comment: