Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I always wanted to go to art school




Wearing: Romance Was Born swirly top, Dad's check shirt, Asos skirt, Wittner shoes, satchel from Typo and deadstock tights.

I built this outfit on the basis of grid paper and water colours, because I always wanted to go to art school but never had the courage to try. Instead I am two years into my cynical science degree and everyone dresses boring... *cringe* Maybe if I went to art school I could take the time to be inspired and do cute things like go to galleries and feel cultured. That'd be cool.

I am currently re-reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. It's my Dad's copy so the cover is kind of gross and the pages are yellow; but it goes really well with my swirly top. It's from Romance Was Born (my favorite Australian designers!) and I bought it at Alice Euphemia on sale for $80 marked down from something like $200? I bought two other pieces and some rad pom pom earrings, all of which you'll see very soon. Also, wearing my yellow Asos skirt as part of this outfit was obviously a ~creative decision~ used to symbolism the Vogonity of modern popular culture... because humanity is dead.

2 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! It kind of made me think of.. youth (?) because of all the little kid stuff; graph paper makes me think of school, lace and innocence and the bright colors. But I always loved your outfits and your blogs!

    ~Kanyinsola,
    lestylemonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad my outfit made you think about stuff <3

      Delete