Thursday, July 11, 2013

Von Trapp





Wearing: Hair barrette from etsy (ginette pomette), DIY hair bow and rosary pin, American Apparel Blouse, Miss Shop sweater, Cue skirt, deadstock tights, Jelly Beans sandals and penguin book bag.  

It's times like these I feel sad knowing there aren't any great authentically vintage dresses from the 1960s or 1970s in my local thrift stores and that I have to expensively source them from overseas- but I make up for all that with cute accessories. It feels like it's been a long time since I really put thought and effort into how I present myself, so for the moment it's all very simple color combinations and accessory orientated. More so because I had time to fire up the hot glue gun and add stuff to safety pins and hair clips and voila I look a little cuter! There's a distinct lack of sassiness though, which I can only explain as an absence of general annoyances in my life. I think being creative with eyeliner and makeup may be the cure I need to solemnly sweet facial expressions and generally feminine outfits that are just crying out for a touch of grunge.

2 comments:

  1. your clips and jelly shoes are so adorable! I love the print on your skirt <3

    ReplyDelete