Sunday, July 28, 2013

Vivienne Westwood Red Label Spring 2010





So this will be an unusually short fashion collection review, basically because I only identified with four looks from the Vivienne Westwood Red Label line but when I saw one of the picnic dresses in an old copy of Vogue I felt I had to write about it. As it turns out, I don't like Vivienne Westwood designs nearly as much as I thought I did but I still admire anyone with the courage to dye their hair so ferociously and my mother has impressed upon me a certain admiration for our elders' continuing to contribute to society; especially when it comes to their role in the workplace.

Now normally I yabber on and on about why I love a certain look or theme so much but this time I have chosen a modest number of outfits unified with a certain romantic air... like picnicking in Spring beside the Thames and huge straw boater hats with floppy bits of expensive ribbon dangling in the wind. I was impressed with the more recognisable shapes of dresses reinventing an almost 1950s silhouette but I felt that the choice of models for the collection was pretty poor and bordering on distracting. Don't get me wrong, I love diversity but I think when it comes to a professional presentation of a runway that there should be uniformity in who is cast to be an ambassador of a fashion collection and hair and makeup should remain relatively similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment