Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Style





















 
I've totally abandoned any hope of cohesion with this grouping of images- but lately I've just been digging the 1960s, 70s and 90s so it's the culmination of wistfully wishing I had an interesting vintage wardrobe. One of my favorite things about being on holidays is that I have time to properly choose what I wear each day and assess the strengths and weaknesses of my wardrobe. With all this time to theorize, strategize and think I also get to dream up new combinations and share some of the better, kookier pieces. I'm enjoying a reshuffle if you will, of what I own but I couldn't have picked a worse time to do so- all the stores in my area are going through sales and basically nothing comes in my size and the experience is generally aggravating and counter productive. I can't count the number of times I muttered under my breathe yesterday "so this is why I shop online" strolling through racks, shelves and displays of things that held no interest to me what so ever. And yet, for those few holy grail pieces I resisted purchasing a fire was ignited to create space in my room and earn a little extra cash to treat myself. This is post and photo set represents the visual treat and inspiration floating about in my head for the last few weeks- hippies, grunge, monochrome and cool glasses.

1, 2, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 21, 22 - Unknown; 3- Rookie Mag;
4, 5, 6, 7, 8- via Style Rookie, 11, 14, 16, 17- Prada campaign,
19- Romance was Born berserkergang backstage.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this inspo post! (thnx for using my bowie album picture, too!) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for being so cool about letting me use your picture Tessa <3

      Delete