Monday, July 1, 2013

I hope the roof flies off, and I get sucked up into space















I finally had the chance to watch Moonrise Kingdom for the first time the other day and I can't believe it took so long. Well actually I can, because like Suzy Bishop my family doesn't always understand me and my motivations but the likeness ends there because I don't have amazing Sunday school shoes and a wardrobe of matching collared dresses in pastel tones. Mum simply stated she did not understand why two twelve year old's would elope together and went to bed. I watched the film on Saturday night at midnight and then twice again on Sunday to fully soak up all the glorious camp, 1960s vibes. My favorite character was scout master Randy Ward. When he cried, I cried on the inside.

Kara Hayward did an amazing job, as did her co-star Jared Gilman for their first appearances in film but Suzy's tone of voice was inconsistent throughout the movie- like a loose thread from a piece of knitwear. I can unravel it and see where the start is; but in this case I have an idea when they started filming. I did, however, melt on the inside like everyone else when she had that soft baby voice and batted her eyelashes hiding doe eyes. The costumes were perfect, they left me wanting more. There were indisputable, facts of life and tales of wisdom sprinkled in there with brash American accents, mild typecasting in the way of Bruce Willis and a happy ending after all. Now, to the video store! So that I may devour more delicious movies from my to-do list!

1 comment:

  1. I watched it for the first time yesterday, it's just fhdjgnsyevg! Suzy's wardrobe was Absolutely Perfect! I never noticed the change of her tone of voice. Oh well, I'll just have to watch it again :)
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete