Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Ardorous and Lauren Poor



















Yes, my presence on the Internet will be a little more erratic and unpredictable as I prepare to enter one of the busiest times of my year: THE DREADED EXAMS. *Duh DUH DUUUUUUH* But it's not all doom and gloom- I've managed to stay relatively creative when my head isn't buried in a book trying to read chapters of textbooks, chasing my tail and playing catch up. There's been good progress made on my composition book and I feel like this relates to the work of Lauren Poor or at least it would be if my newspapers were a little more groovy and technicolour in their distribution of coloured ink.

Also I'm having difficulty getting three-dimensional fabric roses bought from the thrift store to really compress and squash onto lined note paper. I've already come to terms with the fact I cannot have candles sitting in the pages of my visual diary itself but I'm in a good place with that right now. One can't help but think of candles when sitting back, reflecting on life and meditating on things such as Courtney Love, Meadham Kirchhoff and plastic babies. But you get the general picture; I am reliving my childhood years through eclectic scrapbooking and discovery of old textas while nostalgically wishing I had point some cheap wigs at some point or other in my life. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment