Monday, June 17, 2013

Acne Spring 2013



I've decided after tearing through my practical manual and studying animal diversity and taxonomy for three days straight that I need to take a short study break- and what better way than to review Acne's collection from Spring 2013? Normally I appraise clothes that are more outlandish in principle, embody a stranger side of textural exploration and strange silhouettes. 

However, Acne Studios normally focuses on crafting clothes with an air of prestige making mohair sweaters in a rich variety of seasonal colours, strong motorcycle vests ( at unfortunately astronomical prices...), and a series of swish suede and leather boots that are subject to many copy cat knock-offs but as of late they've been incorporating the splicing of swatches into their garments along with simple slogan muscle shirts and printed fabrics. I love the intense mood of characters of purple and red; my mind immediately thinking of Tim Burton characters such as the Queen of Hearts and the 1970s classic Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Can't wait to get my hands on some of these pieces for myself. But fist! Four more exams to endure (wah!)

1 comment: