Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Art Teacher



Wearing: Romance was Born dress (worn as shirt), thrifted floral trousers and Jelly Beans plastic sandals.

I really needed some huge dorky jewellery or statement crochet neckpieces or something to fully convey the dorky mood I was in when I wore this, but instead chose to focus on all the cool psychedelic colours. These are my new pants, they cost me THIRTY DOLLARS from an OP SHOP. For those of you not sure, Op Shops are opportunity stores or the Australian equivalent of a thrift store. Things like the Salvation Army... charity based organisations and things like that. Normally I am the most frugal of thrift store shoppers usually not contemplating anything over the cost of five dollars but as soon as I saw the obnoxious floral pattern I had to have them and even was reduced to paying for them using eftpos. It was well worth it in the end, and I already have an exciting story about being insulted wearing these at the local pub when trying to find the function room for a friend's birthday party. Needless to say, these pants will be my best buddies for a long time when I feel the need to bring out the narcissistic side and people or enjoy splashes of ambiguous colour injected into my outfits from cotton pants.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I have those exact same sandals- snap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trousers are gob smackingly beautiful :)
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete