Monday, April 22, 2013

Pink

Pretty in Pink (1986)

W April 2013 ph by Tim Walker

unknown

Rookie Mag Prom

Image Source

unknown

Rookie Mag Prom

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

G-Dragon

Miu Miu SS10

Image Source

Prince Pelayo

unknown

Givenchy Resort SS13

Image Source

Rookie Mag Prom

Image Source

Image Source


Zach Galifinakis

unknown

Image Source

Image Source

Hood By Air

Image Source

Sonic Youth (bull in the heather)

New York Fashion Week street style

Sailor Moon

George Harrison Polaroids

Supreme SS13

unknown

unknown

Image Source

The Virgin Suicides (1999)

Image Source
Image Source

George Harrison Polaroids

Image Source

George Harrison Polaroids

JIL SANDER X HENRI MARTIN

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Hey Arthur

Image Source

Image Source
Could there be any more pink in this post? But seriously I must be have been brain washed with all the spring vibes I'm missing out on or I'm just ferociously fighting back against all the awful gray and monotony autumn seems to have brought with it. Whatever. I'll be temporarily poor in cool pink themed images for a while but it's all worth it to feel bright and cheery on a day where I forgot to bring my lunch and I have work everyday for the next three days. Which if you can't tell I am not excited about or really prepared- why didn't god make me a sloth. #Yolo. On the bright side I'll have heaps of money and an excuse to sleep in and be in a cranky mood. Nothing makes me more happy than having a reason to be in a bad mood and indulge in hot chocolate while shooting different outfits with makeup and stuff as a relief from all my repetitive and depressing science notes (especially conservation biology).


ENOUGH WHINING. I'm a strong woman who peeled herself off the couch and I'm going to make the most of a bad situation and free wifi access to students. So you'll notice there's a lot of pictures of men wearing pink and menswear in either shocking pink or softer, pastel, passive shades reserved for a tea party with Lady Grantham who is technically better and mightier than the queen in my small and obscure universe of 3 different television shows and what I can piece together from newspaper clippings. Some narrow minded people will probably say that the blurring of gender roles through the simple use of color is indecent but I for one am all for it. Clearly I support it in some way since I'm featuring it on my blog for blob's sake but at the moment I relish fashionable androgyny and pink is making me feel weird and giddy like a four year old about to ride their first pony. I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend wore pink ladies suits rescued from magical and faraway such as Petra Collins beau did at Rookie Mag Prom, but that right is reserved especially for me in the couple dynamic.

My boyfriend isn't into fashion, and somehow I think it would be very strange to have someone from a different gender challenge me on my ideas of what looks good without really living in my realm and head space specifically. Even the people who do compliment my outfits are pretty tame by the standards I have on this blog, but I do admit I tone things down for normal and boring everyday stuff and save glittery, weird outfits for days when I just need to be an extra-terrestrial visitor/ in a league of my own. I hope this makes sense to someone because I'm practically dying to connect to someone about clothing and how it isn't a pointless pursuit but really an ultra specific means of self-ornamentation which is observed by many different animals as a way of attracting a mate but I prefer to see it as self-expression in the human social hierarchy. I'm slowly becoming less obsessive about the response I get to my ideas and how well I express them and more involved in the delight I derive from the process. Expect more outfit posts and hopefully finished collage book pages soon.

1 comment:

  1. no words can describe how much i love your blog ♡

    ReplyDelete