Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Want to be the Girl With Most Eggs



DWNHZS on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

Wearing: DIY crown, Romance Was Born dress, vintage pink collar from etsy (SinkVintage), cardigan from my mother, childhood socks and my old school shoes (Harrison Idaho T-Bar).

I realise I'm a bit late to jump on the bandwagon of Easter-themed outfits but I have only myself to blame because I've been planning this one for ages and only lacked the motivation to execute my idea in full. I made the crown about a month ago waiting for the right time to Spring it and was still late! Oh well... I kind of like the transformation of this dress, (which is so awesome and brilliantly water-colored) isolated away from the bright, tropical-thought inducing orange and with a very Courtney Love inspired aesthetic. I'll admit, at first I didn't know anything about her aside from that Simpsons reference in which she appears on a cereal box but I've come to appreciate 'Doll Parts' as a bit of a sad girl anthem. So much so I made a pun in my title for the first time in ages. On the plus side, I didn't make it "Some day, you will egg like I egg" which was just a bit too awful to handle.

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I follow you, <3
    wh0lia.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome outfit, like always!
    your headband is beautiful and it makes me want to wear something easter-ish every day of april.
    x

    ReplyDelete