Friday, March 29, 2013

Hibernation

Young Souls


Image Source


Image Source


Rookie Mag


Image Source


Welcome to the Dollhouse


Buffalo ’66 (1998)


Style Rookie


Christopher Kane SS10


Image Source

Pip & Pop


Mademoiselle Rossele


Style Rookie


Claire Inc

Image Source


Bleached 


Teen age chariot


Style Rookie


Image Source


Ghost World (2001)

Image Source

The Pulp Girls


Unknown

Claire Inc

Symantha Rose


Image Source


Fashion Hayley


Image Source


Rosie + the wolf


Charlotte Free by Moni Haworth for NO. magazine, Helena Bonham Carter for Marc Jacobs by Juergen Teller.


Velvet Codeine


HENSE in DC


Image Source


Bobbly Rainbow Socks


Prada Sport SS 2001 photographed by Phil Poynter



Unknown


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Unknown


Image Source


Grimes


Image Source

Image Source

Oyster Mag.com


Unknown


Unknown


The Kennedys


Image Source


Image Source
Getting to university at seven in the morning has its apparent advantages, although I'm sure my body will hate me for all the rest of the week. Before daybreak with many glossy feathered crows flying from pine tree to pine tree it felt like I had stepped right of a Hitchcock masterpiece, but without the sensible green skirt suit and stylised hair. It wasn't like a Tavi Gevinson installation either spewing loaned Miu Miu Summer/ Spring satin shoes or anything like that but it felt peaceful drinking in the short lived atmosphere and aura while it lasted. That's the second weekend field trip I've had two weeks in a row, equating to a fortnight of six day weeks of uni and hence very little posted content lately. Ideally I would have already posted a creepy witch-inspired Autumn mood board full of ethereal pre-Winter vibes to counter Spring Break but I haven't. The six conceived outfits lying around my room would have been photographed by now with witty and clever titles and eBay listing s to clean out the old and gaudy would have happened but it clearly hasn't. It seems a bit rude to fill this post with sorry excuses as to why I've been so absent lately and only managed to sprinkle cute comments around like confetti but with reports due for each of my units you can probably guess why I've gone missing. Hopefully this next week I'll finish all projects for the next month and feel a little more free to post other than on my phone on the bus rides in the morning, create collages and DIY stuff to show off. 

I just wish I was better at this crazy journey we call life and could balance all aspects of what I enjoy a little better, the last few years have really revolved around doing well academically but as a result I feel like I don't have time to myself anymore which is also due to working part-time and being asked to fill-in at really annoying and inconvenient times. I usually love my work and am passionate about what I do but when I have to drag my feet and get there wish utter disdain written on my face it's because A.) I didn't get enough sleep the previous night or B.) I had something I wanted to do that day or a combination of the two. I admire people like Tavi Gevinson for the well poised style, the individual school of thought followed by ground-breaking ideologies that some people only get into far later in life and for being able to be both academic, creative and fun/ pretty. I caught sight of what I looked like yesterday in the train window and was abhorred at my bags and general dishevelled look of exhaustion. As a result I have concluded looking dishevelled only works if you look well rested and shouldn't be tried during the middle of semester. Sorry for being such a blow hole about exhaustion and general negativity but I'm treating myself to watching Twin Peaks and Daria tomorrow as a reward for not skipping one lecture or class these first four weeks. And I may also finally getting around to shooting those sneakily pre-planned outfits I mentioned earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment