Sunday, March 17, 2013

Art Scene

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: The Simpsons

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Hannah Lacey

Image Source

Image Source


Image Source: Petra Collins for The Adorous

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Andrew B. Myers

Image Source: Rookie Mag Dear Diary by Minna Gilligan

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source


Image Source

Image Source: Twin Peaks
As much as I am annoyed losing great pictures from my Tumblr 'like list' I am determined not to let their influence be in vain because it's all been generating a whirlwind of internal conversation about what is art and what a contentious topic it can be. The processes are becoming more important and beautiful rather than the final product but I also wonder if so many people doing collages and drawings from their bedrooms changes the perception of art. Of course this has all been happening for decades anyway but with the Internet and blogs it's working it's way from these bedrooms into a more general arena. It adds to the general amount of art available to an uncool and uncultured person such as myself and sometimes I identify with the more expressive and less professional stuff. There's a certain Japanese air about what I put together but there were more Animal Crossing references and rabbits before everything was compromised and sequentially deleted which I am still a bit mad about. I can appreciate an artist doesn't sell things frequently and has to therefore jack up the price of little wacky sculptures but I have the distinct feeling for this reason I won't have a gallery room dedicated to cute pottery and instead will continue to favor the cheaper endless amount of Etsy stores breaking out onto the scene. Cheap independent alternatives forever!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. It would be awesome if you could cheek mine out. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes all of these images YES especially the gif, I die!

    ReplyDelete