Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tough



Wearing: My brother's Iron Maiden t-shirt, Romwe skirt, gladiator wedges from Rubi shoes, DIY body harness, thrifted scrunchy and childhood socks.

Being ironic and in true hipster form I decided to wear something tough and sweet all at the same time. I'm still super proud of my latest DIY project, the heart body harness which is deliciously subversive sitting over a metal band's rock shirt and a very aesthetically pleasing skirt. In case you are wondering, yes, I have actually listened to Iron Maiden. I don't really religiously follow them but I can identify one of their songs as soon as the vocalist comes howling in with such iconic falsetto growls. The point being girls can enjoy metal music but still be interested in fashion all at the same time. To quote Tavi "...not because women are crazy. People are crazy- women just so happen to be people".

No comments:

Post a Comment