Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sassy

Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Saint Dolly Rebecca Parton



Image Source


Image Source

Image Source: That 70's Show


Image Source: Jane Holzer, Screen Tests, Andy Warhol, 1964-66

Image Source


Image Source: Heathers (1988)


Image Source: Hairspray (1988)


Image Source


Image Source: Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia November 1999

Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: #repost from @parn12


Image Source: Divine performing her last show, 1988


Image Source: Mia Farrow


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: awritersruminations- Sylvia Plath


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source

Today started out as a magical unicorn of a day, and now I have two broken nails trying to get my phone out of a vice prison. What went wrong? Well today I finally received the phone cover I should have gotten with the initial purchase of my new and shiny device, but I wasted my time waiting for what now seems like a coffin/prison/ bank. Now I've decided that the plastic cover included with the case reduces the sensitivity of my touch screen and I don't like that. I bought my phone with the initial aim of being creative and drawing using the stylus, so that's kind of important that I don't become even more deterred away from a function that could be used in tandem to help me blog. At the moment, I have two red thumbs and time to wait for my brother to come home from work and help me. # firstworldproblems. I am definitely not using social media properly, but there's my father's old radio sitting on the printer next to me so... of course I'm not doing anything write as far as technology is concerned. I was so happy with my nails being strong and a pretty length, but soon some of them will need the chop. I am sad on two accounts.

Today's good news is that I finally did decide what to get my boyfriend for Valentine's Day: two different photo frames in brass in the shape of hearts. They won't arrive in my country for about three weeks, but he's a pretty good guy and puts up with mailing time. I'll finish the gifts off by putting pictures of the two of us and one of myself in them since he likes seeing me in his room. He hates having his photograph taken though. I have seen cats dunked in water that looked more comfortable than he does when a camera is pointed anywhere in his direction. So he'll need to be anaesthetised or something to not have a hissy fit at me for a surprise which he will later benefit from... relationships can be "complicated" sometimes. I am looking forward to going on a date which he's planned for the two of us and good old fashioned hang out time, since he is like a best friend as well and I yearn for his company as much as anything else we can mutually offer to each other.

Yes I have a boyfriend, no I am not selling out to feminism or compromising my beliefs for equality because I tell it like it is to him and there have been boundaries etched for morals. I'd like to think if I was bi-sexual or a lesbian I would look for the same traits that my boyfriend does have; because he treats me fairly and is the best person I know. Why wouldn't I want him as my partner? We've talked about the future vaguely but mostly it's nonchalant joking between us and him naming me as the money-maker since I'm more academic and he's a more hand's on type of guy... hence being named as the stay at home Mom between us.
So I can still have a career and am in fact encouraged to really reach for those goals, even if it means tougher times where I'm launched somewhere far away for weeks and months at a time investigating rocks (I'm interested in Geology and investigating mining industry) and he won't stand in the way of that. Does that sound like I'm the victim of male-based oppression? No, I didn't think so.

Also I dress for my own sense of satisfaction and creativity which sometimes he likes, but sometimes he doesn't. He still lets me be myself and tells me what he does like about an outfit though, letting me explore blogging and living in the fantasy of one day having a study where I can just spend all weekend doing fashion blogging stuff. He will have his man cave of gaming systems and we'll respect one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment