Monday, February 4, 2013

Prettiness




Image Source: Julia Nobis for Oyster Mag

1, 2, 3 and 5: image source's unknown

Image Source: Richard Nicoll Spring 2012 at London Fashion Week

Image Source

Image Source: Audrey Hepburn on set; "Breakfast at Tiffany's", 1961

Image Source: The Doom Generation (1995)

Image Source

Image Source: Ghost World (2001)

Image Source: Twin Peaks (1990-1991)

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source:
hrrrthrrr- A little color inspiration by Ashley Goldberg

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Grease (1978)

Image Source

Image Source: moonbrains

Image Source:
Image Source: 1956 Oldsmobile 98

Image Source:
vintagegal- Girls’ Romances #152, October 1970 

Image Source: bubblegumpopqueen
 
Image Source: i’m hair all day by tankmonster featuring Chanel brooches
 
Image Source: Pulp Kitchen tights

Image Source:
virginpunk- Twiggy
 
Image Source:
tweenageart- “I’m home”

Image Source

Image Source:
gentle-insomnia: I like to hide from everything.

Image Source: Twin Peaks (1990-1991)

Image Source: The Simpsons

Image Source

Image Source: sara (by stph.)

Image Source

Image Source: Cadillac de Ville photo by Gene Laurents for Vogue, 1964

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source
The last weekend was kind of busy since we had a big old family reunion thing to celebrate what would have been my grandmother's one hundredth birthday and I stood around awkwardly generally avoiding calling people by their name because I have no idea who they are. I actually know my boyfriend's family and cousins better than my own- mainly because my family is huge and diverse and many of my cousins have been busy with babies and children. More than I knew existed in the first place. Awesome. So that blew my mind a bit, along with how much every one's changed especially the kids around my age who have gone through the magical tunnel of puberty and grown a personality. It feels good to know I can hold my own in conversations and talk to my relatives without having my mother and father by my side constantly. Today was a boring day of paying my phone bill and then rushing home, I finished making two DIY crowns and burnt another finger again so my typing is lousy but it's sheltered in a thick band aid.

I've also been working on the art of play list composition and drawing stuff on my phone which I hope to put up real soon. Until then I'm going to go back to being domesticated and taking care of boring tasks like collecting all the clean laundry and doing the dishes before everyone gets home from work. I lead a truly exciting life... Trying to soak up really cool popular culture pivot points but instead I watched Hot Fuzz and barely did anything today. It feels like too big of an up hill battle today- I'll get a head start tomorrow after I hang out with my boyfriend and we decide what we're going to do in the first place. Indecision adolescents are our middle names.

No comments:

Post a Comment