Monday, February 18, 2013

My Heart is a Black Hearse

Image Source


Image Source:
theswinginsixties: The student and the soldier, 1960s.


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Nick Offerman


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source:
c4lmdown: (by johanna.gyllsén)


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Masculin Feminin, 1966


Image Source


Image Source: Rookie Mag's City of Angels


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Yen Magazine


Image Source


Image Source: Pulp Fiction (1994)


Image Source: Style Rookie and Petra Collins


Image Source: Grimes


Image Source: the Breakfast Club (1985)


Image Source: Tavi Gevinson on Halloween


Image Source: Hole


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Grimes Guest Programs ‘Rage’ This Saturday
It feels good to be reunited with my brooding self, the one that is obsessed collecting images of Grimes and sitting in the dark. There's a dual purpose to this behaviour though, I also need to bask in the air-conditioned lounge room and avoid going outside at all parts. The only thing thing that could make this better would be a little Alfred Hitchcock on television and perhaps more motivation to read. Plus a leather choker: to add a little more essence of punk into my day. It's only just beginning to dawn on me that the biggest Punk/ Metal/ Hardcore music festival to hit Australia is only a matter of days away and I still haven't prepared a play list yet. Or contacted my friends to see if their still going and will coordinate schedules for seeing bands/ hang out with me and then there's an outfit to plan as well. Yes sir, there's a whole lot of stuff to do and it feels weird to all of a sudden have this week pretty busy when in comparison the last few months have been so relaxed and I have been allowed to blissfully drift unaware of the outside world and exist in my own little bubble. Of course when there is so much on my proverbial plate I feel most incapacitated and incapable of starting on anything; generally running low in my motivation tanks. This mood however does result in a booming success for blog content and catching up on all the fashion shows that are flooding the Internet. It feels like I'm busy but I'm really not doing anything progressive or ground-breaking at the same time... talk about awkward.

It feels petty to keep blaming my general lack-luster disinterest due to the hot weather but straying far from the only cool room in the house is practically damnation. Curses Melbourne: just as I think I'm being treated to an early Autumn and more manageable routine for outfit posts I am blown away by a load of hot air. And I am not just talking about my mother's commands drilled out like machine gun fire, the first thing I hear when she returns home from work. I just need to lay low for a while, ironically until the (physical) heat dies down. Somewhere dark and cool... like a rock perhaps? Hopefully I'll crawl out the other side with some interesting ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment