Monday, February 25, 2013

Identity

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Françoise Hardy

Image Source

Image Source: Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Image Source: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

Image Source

Image Source

Image Source: Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Image Source:
suicideblonde: Christina Ricci in Addams Family Values
 
Image Source

Image Source: Strait-Jacket (1964)

Image Source: (The Cramps) Poison Ivy, 1991

Image Source

Image Source:
tajajanel: whoops. 
Image Source: The Parent Trap (1998)

Image Source: The Simpsons

Image Source: Gumnaam (1965)

Image Source: Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000)
Sorry about the huge assortment of screen caps and popular culture references, I just like to immerse myself in them sometimes in order to feel clever and a little worldly. As worldly as you can feel when you explore everything through a television set. So along with the Rookie meet up sort of rocking in all it's splendorous, awkward state it also got me thinking about how I present myself, clothing and makeup for someone about to enter their twenties. The ritual of ticking over just another year shouldn't be as big a deal as I'm making it out to be but at the same time I don't want to be stuck with the same I am feeling a little frustrated being mistaken for someone still in high school. It sort of discredits all the experiences and tough stuff I went through on that journey of secondary education and although I know I can never lose that it doesn't exactly feel great to have my efforts discounted.

So where does that leave me? Well for one thing I am actually going to have my part in the middle of my head and meticulously draw a straight line before drying my hair- as opposed to my previous methods of just letting it sit wherever and being in a state of constant mess and disarray. Yesterday I wore lipstick to university since I needed something to label myself as a mature second year student lending a hand to help out the new first year students and was labelled by my boyfriend as being fancy. I've been feeling down since he mentioned me being into fashion as one of my bigger faults, but I do admit within recent years it has been a very big part of my life and certainly what I've been focusing a lot of my spare energy and attention into.

No comments:

Post a Comment