Friday, February 22, 2013

Girl Pride

Image Source
Image Source

Image Source
Image Source
Image Source: King of the Hill
Image Source
Image Source:
lavandula: vlada roslyakova shot by lina scheynuis
 
Image Source: Marie Antoinette (2006)
Image Source
Image Source: Cargo Collective
Image Source
Image Source
Image Source
Image Source
Image Source: Domestic Space sparkle jar
Image Source
Image Source: “Collections“ Siri Tollerod by Nick Haymes for i-D March 2008

Image Source
Image Source
Image Source
Image Source: Tavi Gevinson
Image Source:
weneedfashion: Elle Fanning by Will Cotton for New York Magazine 

Image Source
Image Source: Sky Ferreira collage
Image Source: Style Rookie
Today's strange though: I love being a girl. I get to enjoy things like lipstick and going shopping for nice lingerie and it's all apart of the territory, but if I'm trying to do something tough and edgy I'm pushing boundaries for my fellow ladies to follow. Also I don't have the social expectations of drinking beer which honestly smells awful and I have no intention of drinking it whatsoever. I know girls can massive street cred when they do drink beer, but I can have cocktails and stuff which are totally yummy being a girl and it's so much fun. All the things I have listed are just a bag of sunshine and rainbows really. I feel like the weird girl from the Mean Girls movie: you know, the one with a lot of feelings that doesn't even go there? I am soppy and loving it at the moment (which doesn't happen that often so I have to soak up the opportunity).

Also it's just hit me that there's an informal Rookie Melbourne meet-up TOMORROW and we'll be chatting and meeting other radical ladies. I plan to bring my notebook maybe for some collaborative scrapbooking or at least write people's URL's in my copy of Yearbook One and take photographs non-stop like some one's embarrassing OCD mother at a birthday party. It's going to be great, and since it doesn't start until midday tomorrow I'm going to treat myself to a little retail therapy as well- even though I don't traditionally believe in shopping as a hobby or whatever but my legs are killing me and I'm full of sadness and sore legs from work. I've earned a little treat but when it comes to rewarding myself I can be incredibly stingy at times. Buying online at the moment isn't as appealing as it is normally since I am becoming more conscientious of how the clothes in my wardrobe all integrate together and whether I am buying something with a look in mind or just buying it because I like it. The latter can sometimes be a problem- especially if your room is so full and stuffed with clothing it eventually gets lost.

But to sum up: yay for more original photographs and outfit posts and sharing and finding gal pals/ pen pals tomorrow I am super pumped!

No comments:

Post a Comment