Sunday, February 17, 2013

Empathy for Fictional Characters

Image Source: Clairese of The Fashion Envelope

2,3 : Image source unknown


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Setareh Mohtarez

Image Source


Image Source: Suzy Bishop’s books

Image Source: classicshoujo: Himitsu no Akko-chan, 1988 version 

Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image source unknown


Image source unknown


Image Source


Image Source: Kurt Cobain

Image Source: The Power Puff Girls

Image Source


Courtney Love with Hole

Image Source: The Brady Bunch

Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Rookie Mag

Image Source


Image Source:
pouretrebelle: Starlight Queen by The Pulp Girls


Image Source
So I finally sunk my teeth into a decent book. And it feels brilliant to have picked up different phrases and empathise with someone totally made up, but still capable of being understood- unlike the last book I read which was War of the Worlds. Part of my Astronomy unit for last year apparently also doubled as a crash course in science fiction for two weeks and spoilers abound. Which sort of pissed me off but was one of my better graded subjects. I will be writing a review for this book soon, trying not to give away too much but still discuss with an honest opinion what I thought. Which is pretty exciting for me considering this is the first almost sponsored thing I will have written.

Anyway I pulled together some of the pretty, more mysterious and brooding images from Tumblr and other bits and pieces I have picked up from this crazy and tangled spider web of popular culture facts and information we call the Internet. I can't see myself as a character from a book yet but it's only a matter of time before my outfit posts too become to take on certain roles and aspects of someone made up or who lives in my head. The lovely thing is that in between lots of work I've got some money to finance these crazy dreams of mine before university and it's demanding pushiness once again ruins my social life and consumes my calender.


Even with study back on my weekly checklist and criteria I hope to read on a more regular basis- because sometimes getting wrapped up in a good plot can be the best distraction from the trials and tribulations of real life. Turning your back on problems: big or small can never solve anything but I'm usually left feeling a little more emotive and muster up a lot of feelings about my own life in general- especially after reading a drama/ tear-jerker. You'll all soon see my massive reading pile in the left corner of my outfit posts and understand why I don't need to go to the library anymore, but maybe also see changes in my own writing style once I return from plowing through the pile. Not included on my already full to-do (read) list are the books Suzy Bishop from Moonrise Kingdom carried around with her and watching all the Daria DVDs and finishing Ghost World. Is there anything I need to add to the list?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Do you ever get super attached to a character and then reality hits you and you feel sad because they're not even real? Also, the first image is mine I believe! I did it for a school project haha. xx

    ReplyDelete