Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dreamy

Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Bambi (1942)


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source: Gwen Stefani in No Doubt's 'Simple Kind of Life' video clip


Image Source: Alicia Silverstone


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


Image Source:
retrogasm: Ann Miller


Image Source


Image Source:
carolathhabsburg: Mlle Urquhart. 1880s.


Image Source:
eat-my-fuck: Kathleen Hanna


Image Source: Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)
I've reached the point of the week in which I am totally low on enthusiasm and the prospect of attending my first music festival alone seems intimidating to say the least. But I've already wasted much of my last week on holidays sleeping and lolling about in bed with nary a productive project finished in sight so blogging is the best activity I can think of to both procrastinate but do something a little useful since next week I may well leave you all high and dry in my absence.

I have university next week but all that it means is that I'll be daydreaming somewhere else, no longer enduring bad day-time television and my phone will be on silent as I stealthily not pay attention in lectures. That's right folks, I'm going to a better place. I'll undoubtedly become more aware of personal hygiene having other people's grooming standards showered upon me. But fret not, I'll stop caring by about the five week mark. For semester one we are back for all of three weeks before the Easter break and then return for a solid nine week slog. Whoever devised this semester's schedule is truly a diabolical thing of evil. Or at least a sadist. I will try my best to keep my head above water and balance all aspects of studying but I have no real "obligation" per se to keep writing and posting. It became apparent to me at the Melbourne Rookie Meet Up that other girls of my age were torn seeing Tavi Gevinson leave Style Rookie in favour of other pursuits, namely editing Rookie Mag.com but it was really her choice to do something else.

I personally dream of becoming the next fashion/ style blogger muse and receiving invitations to runway shows but it seems as long as I keep up this materialistic frame of mind I will never really succeed. From my observations, people who are more focused on the process of doing what they love generally are more successful at the end of the day. Their motivations are less selfish and without being obsessed on attaining a goal they are free to express themselves without fear or any self-imposed limitations. Or they perfect their art more and really represent the best part of themselves instead of trying many times to stick their hands up in a sea of blogs and images we fondly refer to as the Internet. The point is these people are more awesome and I dream of being more like them and seeing just how far I can go with blogging in terms of aesthetic and style.

No comments:

Post a Comment