Friday, February 22, 2013

Dominatrix

Yesterday I put my energy into doing craft stuff in addition to procrastination but what really sparked this mood was reading this blog post which was amazing and I recycled the old posters from my bedroom wall into a new notebook. I think it's all a matter of grooming myself into this routine of adding a page or two a day to this and sharing them alongside my outfit posts for more original content. Which we all know is what really interests other people to invest and websites and whatnot so I'll begin to do some more of that instead of just scrolling through Tumblr and Facebook which is honestly becoming boring. Retreating into myself and everything around me is usually something that happens much later in the year but I am becoming disillusioned with the Internet and allowing other people to influence my own views too much. 

Wearing: Bowler hat from a old-timey tourist type place (Ballarat), American Apparel chiffon blouse, thrifted tartan pants, Vivienne Westwood X Melissa gumboots, DIY body harness, Perks and Mini fangs necklace, Tiffany & Co. three heart necklace.

When walking to the train station the other day I found a children's heart shaped bangle on the foot path and it had some knobbly bits and imperfections. So I wrapped it in tissue paper with glue and painted it sparkly blue to maniacally turn it into an adult fashion statement. The longest part of the process was adding just the right amount of sparkly glue paint and then I stitched the black ribbon around it- making it loose enough to suit my own personal needs. I've actually really wanted to buy a body harness for a long time now but I've been very critical of the shape and straps so this was the perfect alternative and cost me virtually nothing: the sparkly blue cost four dollars and I had everything else lying around. It was also fun to do it and if there are any more perfect plastic shapes I might do a DIY tutorial since it was all ridiculously easy to put together. The only down-side is that it looks kind of stupid from the back but that's why radically long hair is useful to cover stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment