Monday, July 30, 2012

Mermaid Hair





I've been crazily craving the bottle lately as well as being soaked with disdain for my own unhealthy locks- every which way I look on the university campus every girl seems to have well maintained hair but me; my own head crying out for a quick snip and maybe even a splash of colour. I've been swinging from moods wildly thanks to raging hormones (again) but all the last few weeks I've felt unhappy with being mediocre and 'just another face in the crowd', not that fitting in is bad, but I'm lusting after elusively good style photographs for my blog as well as space to update and add more images... Dip dyeing continues to look like a good alternative from dyeing my entire head a shocking shade and I'm also revolting against my fickle boyfriend in a childish way. What could grab some one's attention more than a drastic change in aesthetics?



As well as leaning towards bottles of dye, the notion of ridding myself of long, mermaid length has been a tantalising temptation these last few hours, but after having spent a few years in finally achieve what was a life-long ambition in terms of my hair, it seems so pitiful that I try and lop it all off. My peers would also be shocked by the sudden transformation after having come to know me as having long brown hair in soft straight threads; I'm curbing the idea of dyeing my hair with quaint and childish vintage curiosities such as My Little Ponys, Blythe Dolls and other nostalgic throw-backs, but how long can I stave off my urges?





While I continue to wildly invent abstract reasons that hair dyeing is good for my socio-economic status and potential as an appealing blogger, the pairing of red lipstick applied properly in coats with lip liner and plain denim jackets can make for a great combination when removed from the hustle and bustle of the busy city seen. Yeah, I forget to wear lipstick even when I'm going out with friends and the next forest or vacant spot of vast vegetation is a while from my house but I want to join the ranks of fellow hipsters and venture out for hours at a time conducting amateur photo shoots on the weekend; rather than working myself ragged and collecting blister after painful foot sore.




After a hard day of study, I'm looking forward to a little r and r with Daria as well as the notion of piercing my nose straight down the middle if I can't dye my hair- hiding it may prove a lot easier but still a drastic change to my appearance that I can chop and change just as I see fit; like my hair. Blue is off limits anyway but the toastier tones and colours of red, pinks and orange have been playing on my mind like rogue school children lately. Orange and brown sadly aren't the greatest of friends in terms of the world of hairdressing so I am leaning more towards pink or purple at the moment. You're going to have to stay tuned to see what it is I do, if I make a move at all...





Haircuts divided right down the middle part are amongst my favourite of styles designed to shock and dismay the elderly set not yet accustomed to the freedom and youthful spirit of teenagers fuelled by the 1990s traditions of are not-so-distant-forefathers. There's something that's drastically hip and modern about this colourful cut in the vain of Cruella De Vil that I dig so much though that's made all the more bold and beautiful when worn with colourful vintage clothes such as Hawaiian shirts with big statement hoop earrings. The closest I'll get to this girl's style is the application of my own eyeliner; which I can't be bothered with on the best of days.





Sometimes when I'm absolutely on the brink of insanity driven by tiredness and a longing to sleep I envision my heaven to be blurred with soft pastel hair as well as little kittens in the weirdest of colours with bows and all the jewellery there is amazing and everyone wears what they like and looks bitching. As you can probably guess, I'm really over working myself if I think these shades can replace the traditional virginal white and gossamer smocks of angels but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and 1990s influences really are leaking all over the interior of my brain.




The big lure of strangely coloured and unnatural hair is that it dresses something as simple as purple tights up when worn with Jeffrey Campbell-esque sparkly Lita shoes- something I will have to make my next port of call when purchasing things late night online after a hard week of many shift. Soft pastel in that combination of mint and lilac is still really fetchingly feminine in my eyes and the texture of the above woman's hair is simply lovely- I can't wait to go get myself a nice cut but whether I do end up choosing to dye my ends will depend entirely on my mood at the time of that decision.



I love the swirling colours of pale white, pink, blue and yellow reminiscent of hours I whiled away taming the mane of My Little Pony as well as cheap hair barrettes which featured their own plastic textured hair extensions for wild children of the tender age of five. If I did dare to set foot in my parent's house with hair like this my mother would probably shave me bold on the doorstep or thrash me to pieces for being so jovially juvenile.

Blue hair is made all the more stunning when dark eyeshadow as well as dark red/ black lipstick is worn all wrapped together in a look of bold cynicism and expressionless angst; Daria Morgendoffer

1 comment:

  1. amazing hair inspiration! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete