Sunday, July 1, 2012

Alice

Wearing: Floral dress from Dangerfield, Asos duffel coat, Wowch cat leggings, Jellybeans sandals, homemade bow.

I had been meaning to read Alice in Wonderland, but the book is heavy and when dashing out the door yesterday for work I instead grabbed 'The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' and the tale of poor Arthur Dent. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy dressing up as the heroic little girl with inquisitive nature; this dress reminds me so much of Ming dynasty patterns on fine porcelain and it was a joy to wear them with my favourite cat leggings for extra quirky contrast. I don't really like wearing this bow outdoors and when I did try to wear it to school one my mother called me ridiculous: she being as supportive as an asthmatic ant carrying heavy shopping. If I've learnt anything it's to not consider what other people think of you and do what makes you happy though.


My mother is planning another expedition to the city to enjoy some Asian restaurants as well as the usual trawl through department stores and boutiques and I am considering wearing this outfit, but the sandals won't withstand or support my feet for such a long walk and my chest is rather exposed. It seems it will be better used for a tran-seasonal day with a little more warmth as well as less walking. If I remember though my rosary necklace and sweet teddy bear will come with me for the journey though.

No comments:

Post a Comment